Tess Gerritsen, Rizzoli and Isles

My first exposure to Rizzoli and Isles was the TNT series starring Angie Harmon.  She was the reason I tuned in but the stories and characters kept me around for season two.  Between seasons I found Tess Gerritsen on Amazon and downloaded several Rizzoli and Isles novels to my Kindle.  Now I am a TOTAL FAN!

(My wife downloaded the Kindle App to her Blackberry and now she is reading Gerritsen as well.)

The Surgeon (2001) introduced Detective Jane Rizzoli, and The Apprentice (2002) introduced Medical Examiner Dr. Maura Isles.  Since then there have been seven novels featuring Rizzoli and Isles, with the 2011 publication of The Silent Girl, being the most recent as of this writing.

Gerritsen had written previous successful books, the most notable was The Bone Garden (2007) which is set in 1830's Boston.  However, none of her previous work found the large audience of the Rizzoli and Isles novels. Interestingly, I think, Jane Rizzoli was not the primary character in the first novel, but with the TV series, and Angie Harmon, Rizzoli has now become the focus of the television program, while Dr. Maura Isles is still the main character in the novels.

2 comments:

  1. My wife and I fell in love with that show the minute we watched the first episode. I'll have to try reading some books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the TV series that brought Tess Gerritson book to my attention too Body Double is on my bookshelf awaiting my avid attention.

    ReplyDelete